Band of Rebels Fact Sheets
Media Reports about Banks
- “The Hunch, the Pounce and the Kill: How Boaz Weinstein and Hedge Funds Outsmarted JPMorgan” Mitt Romney says someone won, right the 1% as always.
- Colorado Progressive Coalition uses protest, PR to prevent foreclosure Denver Westword Blogs May 11, 2012
- Wells Fargo Loses Bid to Dismiss Homeowner Suit Courthouse News Service May 11, 2012
- From Coal to Foreclosures, Bank of America Faces Protest at Shareholders’ Meeting in Charlotte Democracy Now, May 9, 2012
- Mortgage industry has long way to go to fix problems by Tony Pugh – McClatchy Newspapers, May 6, 2012
Interest Rate Swaps Burden Local Government While Banks Pile Up Profits
- Swap Crisis: Dollars & Sense
- Big Banks Squeeze Billions in Profits from Public Budgets SEIU report
- “Money for Nothing: How interest rate swaps have become golden handcuffs for New Yorkers” from United NY
- It appears that the City of Rochester and Monroe County have avoided this problem. Check the CAFRs to find out.
- City of Rochester Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- County of Monroe Department of Finance with link to 2010 CAFR
Analysis and Strategy
- “A Rebellious World or a New Dark Age? On the History of the US Economy in Decline” by Noam Chomsky. TomDispatch.com, May 8, 2012