What: Band of Rebels Rally to Protest JPMorgan Chase
When: Monday, August 5, 2013 from 12 to 1 pm
Where: JP Morgan Chase Bank, corner of Monroe Avenue and Goodman Street, Rochester
Why: JPMorgan Chase’s Immoral Actions
What did JPMorgan Chase Do?
- Along with other major financial institutions it took unwarranted risks that brought on the financial collapse of 2007-2008.
- Being too big to fail and then bailed out by taxpayers.
- Participation in the manipulation of LIBOR international interest-rates affecting trillions of dollars in loans, derivatives and other financial instruments. Cheating, in other words.
- No individual bankers responsible for these actions have been prosecuted when laws have been broken, i.e., bankers are too big to jail.
- Chase practiced deceit and fraud in mortgage lending, created toxic assets from mortgage backed assets, discriminated against Black and Latino loan applications, and filed fraudulent foreclosures.