MAY DAY 2013! – May 1st, 2013, 5:30pm
Please join us in celebrating International Workers Day with a March on May 1st
We’ll march from Washington Square Park to Workers United (750 East Avenue)
We have a ton of great speakers on various issues affecting working class people including:
- Health Care – Bill McCoy from Metro Justice
- Youth Unemployment – Crescenzo Scipione from Rochester Red and Black
- Housing – Hubert Wilkinson from Take Back the Land
- The Women’s 10 Point Agenda – Erin Moody from the Rochester and Genesee Valley Area Labor Federation
- Garment Workers Struggle – Linda Donahue from Cornell University
and Joy Perkett, NY Labor-Religion Coalition and Sweat Free NY
Other speakers (TBA) will be talking about the Social Safety Net, Immigration, and Collective Bargaining.
We’ll be sending out a flyer soon.
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
-May Day 2013 Planning Committee